The Interleukin-8 (IL-8) ELISA are quantitative LDTs intended to detect the presence of the IL-8 biomarker, a inflammatory biomarker, in the synovial fluid of patients experiencing knee pain or inflammation with suspected arthritis. Results are combined with results from Cartilage Oligomeric Matrix Protein (COMP) in a COMP/IL-8 ratio provide clarification in diagnosing OA.
Panels Included In
Available in New York State?
No. This test is not available for patients within New York state. In addition, the Synovasure RISC® Panel, the parent panel for this test, is not available within the state.
Note: Performance on specimens from other anatomic locations is not defined. Non-intraarticular joint fluid will be tested if Zimmer Biomet is participating in a clinical study.
Volume by Tube Type*
No Additive Tube: 1.0mL
*Tubes are provided within specimen transportation kits
4 days post-aspiration
Ambient/Room Temperature prior to shipment. If being held overnight or over a weekend, store in refrigeration.
All materials needed to package and ship are included within transportation kit. Make sure to retain tracking number from provided FedEx label for tracking purposes
Monday to Friday
Ship specimen the same day as aspiration
Saturday to Sunday
Place in refrigeration and ship specimen on Monday
Reasons for Specimen Rejection
1. Specimen is outside stability range
2. Specimen is not representative of synovial fluid (i.e. blood, urine, etc.)
3. Specimen is aspirated from a location other than the intra-articular joint space
*Note: Non-synovial fluid or intra-articular joint specimens will be tested if associated with a Zimmer Biomet-approved clinical study.7
When submitting a specimen to CD Laboratories for this panel:
- Do not use lavage, contrast or other foreign liquids to aspirate fluid
- Ensure specimen is not overly hemolyzed
- A completed requisition form is required with each specimen
- A barcode label from the specimen transportation kit is required on the top of completed requisition
- For Physician Accounts Only: Patient signature and insurance information are required
This test is not available as a stand-alone test option. For pricing for the test panel, please refer to the Synovasure RISC® Panel test page.
This test utilizes the Arthritis Specimen Transportation Kit (00-8888-160-01). The test is selected using the requisition form provided within the kit as part of the Synovasure RISC Panel.
How to Order Kit
Contact your local Zimmer Biomet sales representative
For result or test questions, contact CD Laboratories Customer Service at 888-981-8378 or [email protected].